Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekly Memory Verse

It's Monday again!! I don't know where the week goes, but they certainly seem to fly by!! Here we are, the beginning of the week again and time for our new memory verse. Last week's memory verse:

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path ..... Psalm 119:105 (NASB)

That was pretty easy since I knew it from before. For reflections on this verse, please go read @ Amazing Grace ~ Mazes, Messes, Miracles and be sure to share how you did & your thoughts on your blog & link here. 

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (B.I.B.L.E.) Weekly Memory Verse format:
We were to memorize this verse, then come back next week and comment on how God spoke to you through this verse and then move on to a new verse. Each week while you are memorizing, allow God to speak to you personally & share a little of what you learn or receive on each verse the following week, when you type it by memory. It's fine to just be accountable and share your progress but it becomes more meaningful when we share about the verse together or apply it to ourselves of what we think.

We are moving into Week 13 with our memory work from "Embracing the Word". We have finished the Aces, Kings, & Queens of each suit so this week we start with the Jack of Spades. The new verse, is one that we all probably know:


For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, 

that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

 

 John 3:16  (NASB)

Since many of you may already know this one, feel free to select a different verse. I'm going to do something a little different. I will be posting the entire set of jacks: spade, club, heart, diamond.

These are the ones that follow John 3:16 (week 13) so that you do not choose one of them.

Week 14(club) John 8:12

Week 15 (heart) Exodus 20:8

Week 16 (diamond) Matthew 22:37-39


What are your thoughts on this verse from Psalm 119:105? I really would like to read what you have thought about this week while memorizing this verse. 

Then next week let's share about John 3:16 or whichever verse you choose. Might I suggest 1 John 3:16 if you already know John 3:16. Trust me if you look at this one, you'll see why. It's a good companion.

If you're participating in the "Weekly Memory Verse", please post and then link up to Mr. Linky with your name & URL of that post.  Thank you!!!



3 comments:

Denise said...

Have a wonderful week my friend.

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Thanks for hosting Beth..I enjoyed participating in this again...

Blessings for the week
Bernice

Beth in NC said...

Can you believe I was so busy yesterday I forgot about my scripture? Oh dear.

Have a blessed week!
Beth