Monday, December 29, 2008

Weekly Memory Verse

I've been putting this off long enough!!

I have been telling and telling myself that I need to memorize Scripture--just a verse a week. Not too hard, right?

Well, I apparently need some accountability in this because I have fallen short of my goal time and time again.

Scripture memorization is very important. This way when we need to call upon the Lord, when we are facing a temptation (just like Jesus in the desert with Satan), when we are speaking with someone about perhaps a problem, perhaps leading them to Jesus, God will bring these Scriptures back to our minds--instant recall--and we will have them right there in our minds--readily available.

So, I have decided that today is the day!! I'm going to memorize one verse a week--starting on a Monday. Then next Monday, I'll type that verse from memorization and move on to another verse.

Then comes the question: "How do I choose which verse to memorize?"

I have a Daily Bible Verse e-mailed to me every morning. Included with this is a "Weekly Memory Verse". So, I have decided to use this verse as my memory verse.

Here is this week's verse:

For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 30:5

Anyone want to join me in my quest??

Beth

4 comments:

Denise said...

Count me in sweetie, great plan. Where do you get your weekly memory verse? I love you.

Aunt Kathy said...

Me too. And this is a great verse to start with.

Darlene said...

Great verse!!!
I may join in.
Still struggling with daughter....I guess you could say this even with no contact.
Keep praying...
Darlene

Spring M Fricks said...

I too have had this goal but have fallen short. I would love to join you in this.

I've written the scripture down. Now, let's see if I can memorize it by next MOnday. :-)