Saturday, January 29, 2011

THE LORD is MY SHIELD; THE GLORY and the LIFTER of my head!

"But You are a shield around me, O LORD; 
You bestow glory on me and lift up my head."
Psalm 3:3


"My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. "

Continuing MORE of HIS GLORY
IN HIS PRESENCE
from 

He meets us where we are. He loves us so much, that He gives us a song or a scripture to encourage us along life's way. He truly is the glory and the lifter of our heads!

SERMON
outline

JOINING SUPER SUN SONDAY!
over
at
Let me just briefly TESTIFY to the LORD as my SHIELD; the GLORY and the LIFTER of my head and the POWER OF HIS LOVE! 

Here in Mexico, but mostly on the border, the headlines are filled with violence and wars between drug cartels, regular innocent people, PDF, Federales, Police and yes, even missionaries. Daily I hear of yet another killing or more in the place I live. Yet God has His hand of Protection and Shield around me. 

Last year, was a troubling and shaken year for me as I grieved the loss of my dear friend of 14 years, that usually accompanied me to the border and back when I would leave for the USA as a source of protection and companion along the way. Though his suicide was indeed a shock to all of us, his family, friends and myself, I know very well my True Shield and Protector is the Lord. That was tested when I had to make the journey alone. I can clearly see God's imprint and hand as well as how He has lifted me from that place of grief to find JOY as my word for 2011. I am so thankful for His Shield around me. And claimed Psalm 91 this year for Mexico and me. 

There is a battle going on but it is more than just between the drug lords and the defenders of crime; it's in the heavenlies for souls and salvation of people that are perishing without the Truth of Jesus Christ, that they are being deceived, in our homes and in our lands on every border, in every nation; God is waging a war! 

Will you show His glory to those around you that are perishing and pray for the lost to come to Jesus now?

Lord Jesus, We ask You to come in all Your Glory right now, today! Touch lives! Show us Your Glory! Change lives! Lead us in Your Way! We speak to the Nations, we declare You, Lord as Our Shield. We ask that You go before us in Your Glory! You care about each one of us. There is no borders for justice in Your eyes. May Your justice and peace prevail! We cry out for Egypt, Mexico, USA, all the many nations of the world bound by so many injustices.
We ask You to reveal Your Glory through us. Make us bold to proclaim Your Truth that sets the captives free. You love each one of us! We love You and ask for You to be the Lifter of our heads, Our Protector, Our Defender, the Glory around us and fill us with Your Power, yes, Lord the power of Your Love and Your aMazing Grace that gives us liberty and faith in You... Thank You, Thank You Most Holy One, we worship You, we magnify You... PRAISE You... we glorify Your Holy Name, we sing and worship You this day for all You are...

FOREVER
and
EVER

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Thank you for that gorgeous post, Peggy. Thank God He is our Protector.