Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WFW ~ SPLASH in HIS GLORY


ARE YOU THIRSTY?
Come and Drink

JOHN 7: 37-38


Since I began my "40 Days Away 2 Pray", I encountered "40 Days of Worship and Seeking the Lord Together" with Campus Crusade for Christ International. This is the 3rd phase of their "prayer journey": Pathway to Dependence (April 6th-April 15th). 
Before this was: Pathway to Attentiveness (March 27-April 5th) 
preceded by Pathway to Intimacy (March 17-27th). 


[The image of the person's hands in the RAIN is from CCCI's "Pathway of Dependence" and I overlayed it over the verse from Crosscards.com of John 7:37-38 to blend it together as mine].
I feel the downpour of a refreshing "rain" as I immerse myself in Him and His Word. I allow His Word to soak and wash over me like a cool rain. Splashing in the JOY of what growth will come from the reign of Jesus Christ in me. I thirst, I seek, I come, I drink and the Scriptures say..."streams of Living Water will flow from within me..." and so I SPLASH in each drop of His glory. Hallelujah! I am dependent on Jesus Christ! I will be attentive and intimate in my prayers.


Dependence: "the state of relying on or being controlled by someone or something else." (Concise English Dictionary)


Attentive: "a) the act or state of applying the mind to something, b) a condition of readiness for such attention involving especially a selective narrowing or focusing of consciousness and receptivity." (Miriam Webster Dictionary)

Intimacy (Random House Dictionary): A close familiar, usually affectionate or loving personal relationship; a close association or detailed knowledge or deep understanding; the quality of being comfortable, warm or familiar.


SOAK in these words and let them rain freshly on your sweet spirit as we draw near to the lover of our souls, Jesus Christ. As Holy Friday tells us that Resurrection Sunday is coming...


...are you on a pathway of INTIMACY, ATTENTIVENESS and DEPENDENCE on Him?


Let us acknowledge the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge Him.
As surely as the sun rises,
He will appear;
He will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth.
Hosea 6:3

FOR MORE 
Wonderful Participants
VISIT
start off with 
Amydeanne @ the160acrewoods.com
and

TAKE A 
SPLASH
in
HIS LIVING WATER
and
HIS GLORY
today!



10 comments:

Karen said...

Woohoo! I am a-soakin' and a-splashin', Peggy! Getting drenched in that Living Water...

Great WFW!

ozjane said...

I too chose the " let us press on"
Lovely Peggy.

betty-NZ said...

Terrific quest you are taking. It's great that you challenge the rest of us, too!

Tracye said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us! I already feel a little more "quenched"... just by stopping by your page!

Bless you for sharing :00

Theresa Miller said...

I love those words and that visual. Awesome!

Susan said...

Amen Sister Peggy!

Another great word. Praying all is well with you.

I miss you and your encouraging posts.

Hope your day is blessed to over-flowing today♥

lori said...

The word that stands out to me and sums it all up is "intentional." Lord, help me be intentional as I seek to drink! Overflowing with Him!

Peggy, what a fantastic Word today! Splash will be with me all day!
peace,
lori

Cathy said...

That is just gorgeous, Peggy. Thank God for His living water. It is wonderful He is blessing you with joy, my friend. Love and Hugs ~

Alida Sharp said...

Love this... Happy WFW!

Janis Van Keuren said...

What wonderful habits you are cultivating in drawing closer to Jesus. Dependence--such a foreign word in our society. Such a beautiful word in the Lord.

Blessings,
Janis