Monday, June 1, 2009

WEEKLY MEMORY VERSE

It's time for our Weekly Memory Verse


The verse from this last week is my life verse and prayer that I vowed to Jesus when I began my relationship with Him in sixth grade and I had no idea where it was in the Bible. I have not done very well with the second part but I am improving


"Embracing the Word" Verses for last week and this week:

Last week for today by memory:
[Jack of diamonds]
Week 16

And He said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

Matthew 22:37-39 (NASB)
****************************
Now this is the one for this week:
Week 17

By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

John 13:35
(NASB)
***********************

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth (B.I.B.L.E.)

This is the plan of how we hope to do this:
Memorize the verse, then come back the following week with this:
1) Write our verse by memory, and remember to memorize the reference (where it's found)
2) Comment on how God spoke to you through this verse, and then move on to the new verse.
Each week while you are memorizing, allow God to speak to you personally & share a little of what you learn or receive on each verse the following week, when you type it by memory. It's fine to just be accountable and share your progress but it becomes more meaningful when we share about the verse together or apply it to ourselves of what we think God meant.

I'm not sure where Beth is, but Monday's are busy for her, so though this is late it is the best I can do with my limited service and time! If you are commiting to memory these verses each week, I wanted to at least give you the verses. Just add your name in the comments because Mr. Linky does not work for me. Thanks...let's encourage each other and say a prayer for Beth.

Remember, you can memorize the verse in any version you are comfortable with--or look at several version to grasp the full meaning.


Let's BE HIS DISCIPLES, and show LOVE for one another! See you next Monday with John 13:35.

1 comment:

Beth in NC said...

I was worried about Beth too! Thanks for posting a new verse for us Peggy.

http://bethinnc.blogspot.com/2009/06/weekly-memory-verse.html