Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekly Memory Verse

It's Monday and time for our Weekly Memory Verse. Last week our verse was an easy one to remember, but this verse is the epitome of the hope that Christians carry with them--the hope of an eternal life spent with our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1 (NASB)


Read on a little further in this Chapter of Romans 8 in order to fully understand what God has done for us through His Son:

because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by sinful nature, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so He condemned sin in in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:2-4 (NIV)

I looked up the specific meaning of the word "condemn"--pronounced guilty--sentenced to punishment--judgment.

Guilty? Punishment? Judgment? Aren't we all guilty and deserve God's punishment? Aren't each of us the "worst sinner"?

But God loves us so much that He sent His Son to us so that we may have life--an eternal life spent with Him.

Our judgment was over 2000 years ago when Christ died on the cross. His death took all the weight of all our sin upon His shoulders.


Jesus took our debt--our sins--and through Him they are now stamped:

WOW!! What sweet relief!! What wonders of God's mercy are shown in this verse!!

I am so thankful that I have God's mercy in my life and do not have to face His justice. Through Jesus, through His death on the cross, we are able to seek God and ask for forgiveness of our sins, repent and ask God to show us the way--to lead and direct us to live by His Spirit and not our own sinful nature.

And God, being the Almighty loving Father that He is--He picks us up, brushes us off, and promises to guide us to Him--moment by moment. We only need to seek His face and keep our focus on Him.

All of the past has been erased--the new day has come--and I am thankful beyond words of all the Christ has done for me.

Let's move on to next week's verse--week 20--which is the 10 of diamonds from the "Embracing the Word" deck of cards:

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who is wise wins souls.....Proverbs 11:30 (NASB)

We're using a new "link-up" this week. If you ever have the need for a "link" on your blog posts and have been having difficulty--check out this new site which offers a new free system--

If you are participating (and I hope you are!), please link up and leave a comment!!



Beth















3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

I'm thankful there is no condemnation too! I don't think I can fathom exactly what Jesus did for me.

Bless you today!
Beth

Peggy said...

LOVE THIS BETH!!! How I have missed your input & I am so thankful for His mercy that is new every morning & that I can walk without condemnation! LOVE the bar code...you are so unique! Missed you but pray for you & my WFW this week should be on our new verse
(I think if I got it prescheduled right)!

Thanks for your invaluable thoughts on this & your many visits to my various posts! I write them with you in mind & in prayer for you& yours! Bless you & be strong in the LORD & in the power of His might!

Rachel said...

What a wonderful amazing promise - no condemnation. How perfect in holiness and love our God is!

Rachel