Friday, November 7, 2008

My Desire

I have been praying for God's direction in my life, for Him to lead me, to use me. And this song says how I feel inside.




You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the king

You want to be whole, you want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind

You want to be set free today
Then lay it all down before the king

This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire to be used by you

You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
And I know my heart is to feel you near
And I know my life
It's to do your will
It's to do your will

All my life I have seen
Where you've take me
Beyond all I have hoped
And there's more left unseen

There's not much I can do to repay all you've done

To enjoy more Then Sings My Soul Saturdays, stop by and visit Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders.

Beth

7 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful.

Liza on Maui said...

Amen .. again I say, amen.

He & Me + 3 said...

That was an awesome song! I loved his words spoken at the beginning too. Let's you know his intent for the song. Beautiful! Lord use me in any way possible today!

Anonymous said...

One fine day I shall have high speed internet and be able to listen to the songs that are posted and watch the videos.

Wonderful words that echo my own prayers!

sailorcross said...

Oh, hisfirefly!! I posted this knowing that you wouldn't be able to see it, and it makes me unhappy!!

The words he says before he even begins the song--the reason behind the song--are so wonderful.

Use me, use me, use me--my mantra!!

Beth

Peggy said...

Blessings my sweet sister Beth,
Here I had the privilege to hear & soak in this all night long...and I forgot to leave a comment!

This is such a GREAT selection of Jeremy Camp with his words that precede the song and just seeing him.
But then hearing this song & allowing these words to penetrate my being!

"THIS IS MY DESIRE"...I lay it all down before the King. My heart & mind find such freedom & peace in every line of this song! I'm so sorry Firefly can't hear it...I know she'd love it!

You know as much as I try & realize the truth of this last line:
"There's not much I can do to repay all you've done"...don't ya' just feel that ya' gotta try...though even if I give every waking moment, it will never BE enough to repay Papa, Jesus & even Sarayu...& you,
too, my friend...for sharing with me as you do & have done since we became friends. Wishing you a wonderful weekend in Him & in your many projects! (btw...being #1 is not that great-no real payoff)

Mocha with Linda said...

Great lyrics!