Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

I am joining Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday!! Please stop by and visit Sonya and see what everyone is thankful for this week!! Maybe you'd like to join in!! It's easy--just list 5 things for which you are thankful.

Here's my 5 "thankfuls" for this week:

  • A safe, incident free move to my new home!
  • My son, Andrew, for going back with me to our former apartment and helping me clean. He really pitched in and helped with this, and I am so grateful because I was exhausted!
  • Sitting on my deck and watching the sunrise over the creek and then later in the same day seeing 5 ducks swimming upstream (I'm still wondering where they were going and why they just didn't float along instead of struggling against the current!).
  • Sleep--Having spent a few weeks getting ready for this move--packing, moving, unpacking--I was absolutely exhausted. Being an early riser of usually 4 a.m. (sometimes earlier!), I was shocked to discover that I slept straight through an evening until 11:30 the next morning!
  • My daughter, Cara, for coming to my new home, bringing all the ingredients and cooking dinner for us and then cleaning it all up, too!!
And there you have it!! I have much more to be thankful for this week and every day of my life. But, these are the 5 "standouts" for this week!!

Beth

5 comments:

Mary Moss said...

Beth, what a great list! I'm so glad your family supported you through your move and by showing acts of self-less love:-)

Angela said...

What a beautiful thankful post.

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

It is so great to hear of your children coming back to help out in your time of need! And those ducks sounded peaceful and fun to watch. Another creation confirmation!

God Bless,
Sonya

Denise said...

Such sweet blessings.

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Happy TT Beth
And congrat's with your new home.

GB
Bernice