Sunday, June 20, 2010

PRAYING THE NAMES of JESUS: I AM

WEEK TWENTY SIX


The Name of Jesus for this week with Ann Spangler at Crosswalk.com
Hope you will join us each Friday(or anytime during that weekend) sharing from what we read or would like to share about the Name of Jesus for that week.


You may go HERE to find out more and follow along daily at Crosswalk. com with the devotional of Ann Spangler, "Praying the Names of Jesus


THE NAME
In Jesus we have the richest, most vivid picture of God imaginable. No longer does God seem implacably remote, displeased with the world he has made. Instead, he bends toward us, sharing our weakness and shouldering our burdens. Through the perfect offering of his life he becomes our Way back to the Father. He is the True Vine in which we abide, bearing fruit for God’s kingdom. He is the loving God who will never abandon us, but who will be present with us always, leading us to life eternal.
Key Scriptures

Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’ ” Exodus 3:13 – 14
“You are not yet fifty years old,” the Jews said to him [Jesus], “and you have seen Abraham!” “I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” John 8:57 – 58
Lord, Jesus, you are our great covenant-keeping God, the One who was, who is, and who is to come. You are the Resurrection and the Life, the True Vine, the Way, the great I AM. Help us, O Lord, to abide in you, bearing fruit that will last through the power of your Spirit both now and forever. Amen.


1 comment:

Beth in NC said...

Nothing can be said that seems more powerful than, "I AM" ... That Name of God says it ALL.

Bless you Peggy!
Beth