Saturday, January 10, 2009

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


"As much as we complain about it, we are drawn to hurry. it makes us feel important. It keeps the adrenaline pumping. It means we don't have to look too closely at the heart of life".......John Ortberg

Ouch!! I know that I can be guilty of this!! So much to do, so little time!! When am I going to do this? What am I going to that? Lists made of all the "important" things that I need to do.

Where is our solitude? Where is our quiet time with God? When are we going to slow down and celebrate God's joy in our lives--our everyday life?

Yet the news about Him spread all the more, so that the crowds of people came to hear Him and to be healed of their sicknesses. But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed......Luke 5:15-16

With this video, I'm inviting you to take 4 minutes of your busy day in order to slow down and celebrate the heart of your life--The Great I AM.


Please be sure to visit Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders for more participants of Then Sings My Soul Saturday!!

Beth

9 comments:

Spring M Fricks said...

What a great reminder. There's a quote by Martin Luther that says,"I have so much to do today, I shall spend the first three hours in prayer."

I'm trying to make that my motto for 2009.

Amy Wyatt said...

It's so hard for me to be still. The first part of your post really stepped on my toes ;) Thanks for the reminder. I have "Be Still and know that I am God." above my kitchen door where I can see it everyday!

Mocha with Linda said...

Reminds me of the verse "In Him we live and move and have our being."

He is the Great I AM!

Peggy said...

Blesings Beth...I am STILL and I know HE IS THE GREAT I AM and now I am without internet again(using public pay cyber but at least it's the one nearby & Sat. has a special)
...Your video is very beautiful and the words inspirational...How did you find this? No matter
...thank you for the peacefulness and the perfect reasoning of putting all our busy-ness aside and spending time with Him in His Presence & Light...alone...just HE & I!!! I did not need this reminder I had two or mor weeks of Solitude from Internet Connections.
Just HE & I...and a Good Book or two! lots OF PRAISE & Worship! Just how we like it...but miss ALL the people I've come to know & love in this precious circle of online blog friends...TSMSS esp.

Awesome! Totally...beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beth,

That was a beautiful and breathtaking video!

I love reading all the words that describe how Great THOU ART.

Blessings today!
Jill

Darlene said...

Beautiful video!!
I try to be still...but I think to much when I am. I need to clear my mind and then be still and listen for his voice. Thanks for this reminder.

Have a fabulous weekend!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Cathy said...

A very peaceful, beautiful video, thanks ~

Denise said...

Such a lovely reminder.