I'm joining with Sonya for "Thankful Thursday". Be sure and stop by and visit her to see what everyone is thankful for this week. Maybe this will be the week that you decide to join and list just a few of the things that you are thankful for.
My thankfuls this week:
My thankfuls this week:
- I am thankful that God is opening doors for me in a mission that has been placed in my heart for quite a while. The doors are beginning to open in this direction, doors that only God could open. He has a plan for this mission. I feel this in my heart. Lord, help me and the others involved in this ministry to hear Your voice and follow Your Will for this mission. Guide and direct us as to Your plans, Your purposes in this. Use us as Your hands and feet to bring guidance, warmth, comfort and Your Word and peace to others. This mission is all for Your Glory.
- I am thankful for the new books that I received in the mail yesterday so that I may dig deeper into God's Word and increase my prayer life with Him.
- I am thankful that my son, Andrew, has taken the steps to further his education. In the turmoil of our lives when he was younger, he did not graduate from high school. He started taking classes last week to prepare for his GED so that he may attend college. This first class was basically placement tests. Last night, the teacher at these classes told him that he is already at college level, does not need to take the additional preparation classes and is ready to take the test. He was so excited that he called me on his drive home. What a boost in his confidence and the knowledge that yes, he does have the ability to accomplish this goal in his life. Yes, I am thrilled with this knowledge, also!!
- I am thankful for my job. Yes, that was a hard one to even write. My job is mentally taxing and stressful from the minute I walk in the door to the minute I leave to come home. I have questioned whether or not this is the place where God wants me to be. But, I have come to realize and understand that God will use me wherever I am. I just need to be more conscious of His voice speaking to me through my day as to how to respond to certain situations--showing His love for others instead of my own frustrations. And in the state of our economy where many do not have work, I am thankful that my job is secure.
- And lastly, I am thankful for God's creation. Did you see the moon last week? It was spectacular!! God in all His Glory shining His evening light!! And God saw that it was good!! If you didn't see the moon, check it out here. I "just happened" to have my camera with me and was able to catch a picture on my way to work.