Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekly Memory Verse


Last week our memory verse was Psalm 30:5:


For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

We were to memorize this verse, then come back next week and comment on how God spoke to you through this verse and then move on to a new verse.

So, I will share with you how God has spoken to me through this verse:

I know that I have done, said and even thought things that have made God angry with me. I know that I can go to Him for forgiveness and repent of these things--asking Him for help in battling particularly my thought processes that will sometimes lead me to say things that I really do not mean.

In going to God for forgiveness and beseeching Him for help with whatever issues I am facing, He then smiles upon me. He is always there for me, always--forever and ever--for my lifetime. And His anger has turned to joy in my coming to Him.

I cry in my sin--tears of sorrow, tears of self blame. I also cry when I truly have something mournful occur in my life. But, God is there to comfort me, to lead me onward, to help me see the way.

And then there is rejoicing--not only in myself--but in God and all of Heaven joining in! For the lost has once again been found.

I don't know about you, but every time I miss the mark, I feel as though I have let God down--once again. I feel as though I have stumbled and fell, slipped off my rock of Salvation for just a brief time. And then I have the feeling of being lost.

Where do I turn? Where do I go? What direction am I to take?

Turn to God. He always has the best answer. He will guide and direct me to the straight and narrow once again.

What are your thoughts on this verse? I really would like to read what you have thought about this week while memorizing this verse.

Next week's verse is:

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature....Galatians 5:16


Beth



5 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey, I love what you are doing on the memory verse's. I have read this and enjoyed reading your comments, I will ponder this for the day.
I have this crazy flu that is going around, so my head is under water. I will join in on the next one.
Be Blessed today
Sharon

Spring M Fricks said...

Okay, i have the new verse down.

As for the old verse. Well, it's one of my favorite verses anyway. There was a period in my life where I didn't know what the next day would hold. Everything was upside down and God was the only thing I had to hold onto but everyday he would whisper "...but rejoicing comes in the morning." This verse will alwasy hold a special place for me.

Spring M Fricks said...

Hi Friend,

You made such a great point on my blog that I wanted to let you know I commented back (on my blog) to your comment.

I am amazed at the things God is showing me during this time. It's awesome.

Again, I am so glad we have met. You are a gift.

Peggy said...

Hi Beth....I did not do the verse but like that you are using the devotional's memory verse & I especially like how the message spoke to you!...I think I'm back in service. We'll see...Blessings, Peggy

Nancie said...

Thank God that with Him there is forgiveness of sins. We need His cleansing daily. Thanks, Beth, for sharing with us. A very blessed and joyous new year to you. May God continue to bless and guide you as you trust in Him. Take care.