Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Encouragement


May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6

I was having difficulty sleeping last night. I was awake for several hours for some unknown reason. As I was lying there, unable to sleep, I thought to put this time to good use and get in touch with My Lord.

And, so I began to pray--pray about my day, my difficulties at my job, how discouraging this has been to me lately. As I finished praying, thoughts came into my mind about Dishrag Tag. Why Dishrag Tag, you may ask yourself?

As I read the forums posted about the progress of this, I'm amazed at how encouraging everyone on my team is to one another. Everyone is cheering the next person on, complimenting them on their progress, keeping track of where the box is via the mail system.

And, I am wondering--why isn't this happening in every area of my life? Why aren't we cheering each other on, encouraging each other?

Yes, there are prizes involved in this venture. In my mind, the prizes are not the greatest reward that I have gained from this experience. The prize given to me is the fact that people are working together, as a team with encouragement.

We, as Christians, do have a great reward awaiting us--an eternity spent with our Lord. We need to encourage one another in our quest for the greatest reward of all.

Abba,

I ask of you today, to help me be an encourager--to those who know You and to those who do not. Let my faith and trust in You shine through my words and actions, so others may see You through me. Help me to encourage others in my workplace, with all its difficulties, to work together as a team, to achieve the goals set there.

As I press on to the greatest reward of all, an eternity spent with you, help me to have the strength, courage, and endurance to fulfill the works that You have set before me.

In Jesus' most precious name.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are on the same wavelength again. The Holy Spirit must be connecting us. I just sent our church secretary the prayer focus to be printed in this weeks bulletin:

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—" Hebrews 10:24-25

This week let us ask the Lord how we can be encouragers of those around us as we keep one hand extended up to Him and one hand extended out to our fellow man.

sailorcross said...

Amazing how we seem to be thinking in the same direction, isn't it? Well, no it's not really amazing, it's the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit working in us.

I do love that idea--one hand extended to the Lord and the other to our fellow man.

I really needed to read what you wrote today. Thank you for being a wonderful encourager.

Beth