Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

“So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” ~ John 8:31-32

And so it is again "Thankful Thursday". I'm so thankful that this verse was posted today. Reading this made me realize that in the midst of a very discouraging week, that I do have very much to be thankful for.


  • I am thankful that I have the knowledge and love of Jesus in my life, and yes, I have been set free--freedom through His grace and mercy.
  • I am thankful that I am still able to share the truth with others--those who know Christ and those who don't--that God can fill my mouth with His words when I don't know the words to speak.
  • I am thankful that when I sat down to pay my bills last evening there was enough money in my checking account to cover these. This hasn't always been the case. God has again provided for me by helping me set a reasonable budget that I can maintain.
  • I am thankful for my very best friend--that she is a sounding board for me and has the freedom to let me know when I am headed off in the wrong direction.
  • I am thankful that the blister on my thumb is healing!
  • I am thankful for my son who helps me in more ways than I could list here.
  • I, again, am thankful for my spiritual family who encourage and lift me up in their prayers, their thoughts, their words.
  • Most of all, today, I am thankful that God has sent us Jesus and was willing to sacrifice His only Son for me so that I can have forgiveness for my sins and spend an eternity with Him in Heaven. I don't know where I would be without the love of My Lord in my life.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

I enjoyed my visit today. Blessings to you!

Nancie said...

Sorry to hear that you are having a difficult week. Thank God for giving you such a thankful heart despite what you are going through! As you testify of God's goodness and mercies, it encourages our hearts. Thank God for providing for your needs. Glad the blister on your thumb is healing. I am so thankful for our Lord Jesus' sacrifice and the forgiveness of sins too. Thank God that we can pray and encourage one another because of what Christ has done for us. Do take care and I am keeping you in prayers. May God shower His love, mercies and blessings upon you as you trust in Him. Have a blessed day!

Debra Kaye said...

A beautiful grateful heart. Thank you for sharing your TT post.

Blessings to you today!

Anonymous said...

Yes, abide in Him. That is the heart of the course I am just completing. "Abide in Me" Jesus calls to us.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your sweet list of thankfuls!

Beth K. Vogt said...

From one Beth to another--Happy Thankful Thursday to you! Enjoyed reading your list of reasons to be thankful!
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

HisPrincess said...

Lovely list of thankfulness!

Thanks for sharing