Sunday, September 14, 2008

Surrender

I remember the day of my baptism also, Boxing Day (December 26) 1999.

The congregation of that Baptist Church where I was merely a visitor was singing an old hymn "I Surrender All"

All to Jesus I surrender; all to him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust him, in his presence daily live.

Refrain: I surrender all, I surrender all, all to thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender; humbly at his feet I bow,
worldly pleasures all forsaken; take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus I surrender; make me, Savior, wholly thine;
fill me with thy love and power; truly know that thou art mine.

All to Jesus I surrender; Lord, I give myself to thee;
fill me with thy love and power; let thy blessing fall on me.

All to Jesus I surrender; now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation! Glory, glory, to his name!

Many worship styles and songs later, this morning during our time of worship in the church that is my home, we sang another song of surrender, placing all we are into the hands of Jesus.

As much as things may change, my desire remains the same, to be made holy and wholly His.

1 comment:

sailorcross said...

Take my life and let it be, consecrated Lord to thee.

Beautiful post!! It's all about surrender--surrendering what we think is in our control, and it's not at all. God is in control at all times.

Thanks for sharing!

Beth