Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reflection

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight......Proverbs 3:5-6

I know that God's ways, plans and thoughts are not my ways, plans and thoughts. But, do I trust Him to be in complete control of my life? Do I bring the small things as well as the big things to Him? Do I include Him in my day to day living? Or, do I wait--wait until I'm in trouble--in need of help--and then cry out to Him?

I want to be the person God wants me to be. I know that tomorrow may not even arrive. In fact, the next moment may not even arrive.

So, I need to include God in every moment of my life, asking Him, "Is this the way, Lord?" "What should I do in this situation, my Lord?" And crying out to Him, "Lord, help me to increase my trust and faith in You!"

And I need to reflect and ask God, "What is it that you are asking me to do, that I know you want me to do, and I'm just not following through?"

We all have these things, and I think we all know what those things are. Is it forgiving someone that we just haven't forgiven yet? Is it reconciling a relationship? Is it giving back to God just a small portion of what He has given us? Is it just taking time everyday and spending time with God in His Word? Is it reaching out to someone who does not know God and planting the seeds, nourishing and watering the soil, so that this person, too, can know God's love and peace? Is it giving up a bad habit?

Just some things to reflect upon. I know that I will be throughout my day today, and I hope you will, too. And then, then I'm going to follow through on what God is asking of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite scriptures. It has spoken into my life in new ways with the passing of time. I still struggle with leaning on my own understanding. How silly, when we have all of His wisdom available to us, if we but ask.